Saturday, October 18, 2008

Beware Mary Arnold!

If you live in the northern Jeffco region (District 29, centered on Arvada), the Republican running there for the state house is no friend of life!

These are the comments of Mary Arnold, Republican nominee, to a CRTL member:

"As much as I would like to completely ban all abortions, I don't believe that its realistic that we could ever get this kind of legislation passed. Instead I believe that we should work to pass legislation that would severely restrict abortions. Studies have shown that states that have tough restrictions and promote education on alternatives to abortion, abstinence and birth control have a much lower abortion rate.

Amendment 48 I plan on voting no on. I believe the amendment goes to far in defining an embryo, fertilized egg or fetus as a person. This could have a negative impact on couples going through the invitro fertilization process and women's health care in general.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Mary Arnold"

I wonder if she would have said the same about slavery...

She can be reached at maryarnoldforhd29@yahoo.com if you have insights to lend to her!

The Legislative Scorecard, and a Presidential information list should be appearing this weekend -- watch for it!

No comments: